A kiskunfélegyházi szakrális emlékek

Szikszai Szilvia: A kiskunfélegyházi szakrális emlékek. In: Köztéri szakrális kisépítmények, (19). pp. 121-132. (2008)

[thumbnail of szegedi_vallasi_019_121-132.pdf]
Cikk, tanulmány, mű

Download (3MB) | Preview


After the Turkish invasion (1526-1686) in 1743, Kiskunfélegyháza was resettled by Catholic settlers of Northern Hungary (Jász and Palóc people). The development of the settlement was determined by the Redemption (1745) and the event of gaining the title of market town (oppidum) (1774). Thus, the sequence of public sacred monuments started at the end of the 18th century with the plague memorial, and later with the so called Image of Sorrows (Christ, as the Man of Sorrows) and the first stone roadside crucifix. The sequence continues with the statue of Saint John of Nepomuk - the patron saint of the town -, a popular saint of the time, and with the erection of a calvary and a statue of Saint Stephen (2005) up until today. It is a specialty of Kiskunfélegyháza to place so called Cuman Madonna statues carved of wood into gable niches of dwelling houses.

Item Type: Book Section
Other title: Sacred monuments of Kiskunfélegyháza
Journal or Publication Title: Köztéri szakrális kisépítmények
Date: 2008
Volume: 19
ISSN: 1419-1288
ISBN: 978 963 482 870 9
Page Range: pp. 121-132
Series Name: Szegedi vallási néprajzi könyvtár
Language: Hungarian, English
Related URLs: http://acta.bibl.u-szeged.hu/70241/
Uncontrolled Keywords: Műemlék - Magyarország, Néprajz - magyar
Additional Information: Bibliogr.: 126. p. és a lábjegyzetekben ; ill. ; összefoglalás angol nyelven
Subjects: 05. Social sciences
05. Social sciences > 05.04. Sociology
06. Humanities
06. Humanities > 06.04. Arts (arts, history of arts, performing arts, music)
Date Deposited: 2020. Sep. 22. 09:08
Last Modified: 2022. Feb. 02. 12:19
URI: http://acta.bibl.u-szeged.hu/id/eprint/70392

Actions (login required)

View Item View Item